Tuesday, January 31, 2012

It Kills With Fire


Dear Friends,

Today I confronted and defeated the legendary Primal Ifrit in battle! Sadly, it was not quite the victory that I'd hoped for. I fear we only banished the beast temporarily. I'll explain why in a moment.

I had recruited the help of one of my Linkshell mates, and two other adventurers we met in Gridania. As we stepped thru the gate into the Bowl of Embers. It was very unsettling scene. The sun in the sky glowed black as if eclipsed. The very horizon seemed to burn with hellfire. Ifrit was as colossal as I remember. We could feel the heat pouring off of him as we approached.

The battle was fierce. I must admit that if it were not for the help of my companions, I would never have been able to defeat a creature of this power. The ability to work together, each of us doing our own part, is what saved the day.

Once the fatal blow was struck, the flames that encircled the battlefield surged upward and dissipated all in an instant. We found ourselves in a remote area of Thanalan. A strange sound hummed overhead, and I looked up to see an enormous Imperial airship hovering above us. The sound of footsteps caught my attention and I turned to see a party of Imperial troops approaching us! Leading them, was a man donned from head to toe in ornate armor.

He introduced himself as Legatus Nael van Darnus of the Garlean Empire. He congratulated us on our bravery and our victory of Ifrit. However, we claimed that our success was of little import. Only with assistance from the Empire would be stand a chance against the "impending doom" that threatened all of Eorzea. He insisted that Garlean Empire only has the best interest of it's neighbors at heart. I must admit, his charisma almost made me wonder if perhaps, we have all been blinded by fear. But in my gut, I knew better.

 He quoted the prophecy of the Seventh Umbral Era as he pulled pulled his lance free from his back. His weapon began to glow with the light of bright blue aether. He explained that our world would be destroyed by a "crimson star from the heavens"... Could he be referring to Dalamud? Is the red moon, the "meteor" that I've heard mention of?? Thoughts began to race through my mind, it all happened to fast. In an instant, a beam of light shot from the tip of his weapons and stuck the node that brought us here. There was a bright flash, and we found ourselves back in Gridania.

Slightly dazed, we reported back to Louisoix all that had transpired. He seemed very concerned both about our battle with Ifrit and our encounter with Nael van Darnus. The weapon that seemed to eradicate the node troubled him particularly. He also seemed convinced that our victory over Ifrit was fleeting, at best. It seems the Primal has been absorbing the power of aether. The very same thing that the Empire seem bent on achieving. Now we are all concerned that Ifrit may return even stronger than before. But this time, the node does not exist to take us to his hideout. I dare not speculate further.
We were commended for our duty, and in fact, I was promoted to the rank of 2nd class! Already, a new task has being prepared for me. I will report back as soon as possible.

~Kiji


 

No comments:

Post a Comment