Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Lamb of Dalamud revealed!


Dear Friends,

I thought I was going to allow myself a day off from my training by spending a little time on the streets of Ul'dah, hawking my blacksmithing trade. I no sooner had placed my hammer to the anvil in attempt to repair a fellow adventurer's blade, when I heard a commotion.

I saw the herald on the steps of marketplace shouting that a kidnapping had occurred. It seems a band of those loony Dalamud cultists had kidnapped the daughter of one of the locals and made a hasty escape using an aetheral gate. In their haste, they forgot to close the node. Standing by the gate, I and several others assured the worried father that we would step through the gate and do what we could.

From the gate, we emerged in the cultist's hideout. It seems that these fiends make their home in some elusive area of Mistbeard Cove (and a network of caves in western La Noscea, not far from Limsa Lominsa). I've been to the site before in my travels, but never to this specific area.

The area seemed abandoned except for a young lady, seemingly the kidnapped daughter we came to find. However, there is more going on here than meets the eye...

After speaking to her, she spouted off some nonsense about how us adventurers were a taint upon the face of the realm, and that we would soon be eliminated. Next thing I know, she's vanished a slew of masked/robed cultists emerge from the shadows to attack. How will I explain this to her poor father? Before I could ponder that thought another second, they were on me like Marmots on a tree-nut.

It was a fierce battle, the cultists seemed to keep coming and coming. However, eventually the last of them fell to our blades.

After arriving back in town, I found myself accosted by a reporter from the Mythril Eye. He was inquiring about our battle in Lamb of Dalamud's (apparently the name of the cult) hideout.

After giving him the scoop, we rewarded me with a handful of illusion evoking sigils. I activated one only to find a bright glowing advertisement for his newspaper floating above my head for several seconds... Haha! How ridiculous.

Still... the actions of this Lamb of Dalamud cult are intriguing and deserve further investigation. There are so many strange things going on these days. It makes my head spin.

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment