Friday, January 6, 2012

Crystal Muncher

Dear Friends,

Do you want to hear something weird? I don't know if I've mentioned it or not, but over the last several months or so a strange phenomena has appeared in Eorzea. The discovery of deaspected  crystals. These are crystals that have been drained of there elemental power. It's important to note that these are very different from the crystals found in the region or Mor Dhona which are unaspected (meaning they have never been infused with an element).

Until recently, these crystals while rare, seemed completely worthless. However, recently a member of the Ashcrown Consortium has been poking around Gridania offering various trinkets and rewards to those who can supply him with the drained crystals. Having a bunch of them in my possession, I paid him a visit.

For thirty crystals he offered me a SWANKY looking helmet. It's actually quite similar to the traditional Onion Helm traditionally given to young people during their coming of age. However, it is molded from black metal with a red plume of feathers. He called it a "Peregrine Helm".  I wonder what that means. Is this perhaps a helmet from a far off land? Or maybe some place even stranger? Seeing as how the little fellow seemed to want my crystals for a snack instead of scientific research, I'm afraid to ask. Haha! Eorzea is so weird these days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment