Friday, January 20, 2012

The Minstrel and the Gobbue


Dear Friends,


It seems that this humble stretch of land will never be the same after today. Haha! Allow me to explain; today a very strange fellow appeared in Eorzea. A wandering minstrel. He claims to have travelled here from a distant land. He says he made the journey to try to help lend aid against the future uncertainty the Seventh Umbral Era is sure to bring. When I met him, he quoted some passages of the prophecy and claimed that the times of trouble are near at hand.


He explained that long ago, he was taught the secrets of taming the enormous wild beasts known as Gobbues. While the thaumaturges of Ul'dah subdue them with magic, he can sooth them with the power of music. After learning this skill in a far away land, he promised to the keep it a secret. However, the feelings of impending doom have gotten the better of him, and he has decided to reveal the skill to the adventurers of Eorzea.

Let me tell you, he was true to his word. Using a special taming horn, I too now have the ability to call and tame one of these enormous beasts. Their size makes them perfect for covering vast distances in a hurry. However, between you and me, I still prefer the companionship of Daisy over these lumbering beasts.

These Gobbue pets seem to be a hit. Never have I seen so many large creatures in one place as I have today. Despite their usefulness, I have a feeling that riding Gobbues is nothing short of a fad. I predict that over time I may even be a rare luxury. That being said, look at me! Haha!


~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment