Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Meet "Daisy"!



Dear Friends,

Today has been an exciting day. I was finally able to procure a chocobo issuance from the Twin Adders! For some time now, I've been taking on assignments and tasks for the Grand Company. Today, while in Ul'dah on other business, I was informed by a member of the Immortal Flames that reports show the Amalj'aa beastmen may be planning an attack on Ul'dah in the coming months. It seems the Amalj'aa are breeding drakes and unleashing them on members of the company. I was tasked with sneaking into the Amalj'aa encampment of  Zahar'ak, and poisoning their supply of drake feed.

Let's me tell you, this was no easy task. To be quite honest I got in quite over my head. The place was crawling with beastmen. I sneaked my way past the gates only to walk facefirst into a party of mean looking Amalj'aa soldiers. They knocked me out cold in a single round of attack. Lucky for me, my old friend Mojo Bone was part of a company-led raid on the camp at that very moment! What a coincidence! Thanks to some well-worded healing magic from Mojo, I was back on my feet and able to finish the job.

When I reported back at the aetheryte camp I was debriefed by a member of the Immortal Flames. He didn't really seem all that interested in my mission to spike the drake's feed. Instead, he asked me repeatedly if I'd witnessed any large fire while in the camp. I advised him no, and he explained that several of his men had mentioned a large blaze moments before their linkpearls went silent. Hmmm... This does not sound very healthy!

I was awarded a good amount of serpent seals for my efforts. That is when I noticed that I finally had enough seals to redeem for a company chocobo issuance! I am now the proud owner of my very own chocobo! I was given a summoning whistle, and all the nessecary supplies needed.  Her name is Daisy and we're getting along splendidly. I spent a good part of the day riding through the Twelveswood on chocoback. Finally, the world is my  Blacklip Oyster!

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment