Monday, October 31, 2011

Rolling In The Deep


Dear Friends,

Wow. I feel lucky to be alive. Let me tell you about my latest adventure.

I finally ended my long-term visit to Ul'dah and was ready to make my way for Limsa Lominsa. However, due to the new accessibility that airships provide, I decided first to stop in Gridania to turn in some supplies I crafted for a local guild. While I was hanging around the Canopy, I stopped to talk to "Mother" Miounne. I mentioned my plans to travel to Limsa Lominsa, and she asked me if I would do her a service.

She explained that she had been asked to send an adventurer to an isolated cave that is hidden away on the same island where Limsa Lominsa sits. The cave is said to home to a magical stone that was stolen from Gridania a while back. The stone is rumored to house the spirit of an elemental.

Recently, the cave has become a hotspot of activity with pirates due to rumors of a treasure discovery. Mother asked that I travel to Limsa Lominsa and speak with a particular pirate to learn more. She gave me a pre-paid airship ticket, and asked that I report back if I'm able to find the stone. How exciting!

This was first time visiting the island nation of Limsa Lominsa and it is lovely! The fresh air of the sea was invigorating after spending so much time in the desert-like climate of Ul'dah. The whole city is filled with colorful characters. Pirates, and scoundrels. Mojo would feel right at home. Haha!

I rallied some companions from the Linkshell and we set out in search of the cave. I stopped and spoke with the marauder Mother mentioned. He seemed to think I was more foolish than anything else, but he did mark the location of the cave "Shposhae" on my map. He mentioned that the site is believed to contain the hidden treasure of a legendary pirate known as Mistbeard. The legend continues to say that throughout the cave are half buried chests filled with treasure. However, the chests are locked tighter than a Mi'qote's panty drawer. Some adventurers claim that to keep the treasure safe, old Mistbeard fed the keys to the various beasts that call the cave home. On more than one occasions, a key has been found in the belly of a slain monster... Whoa.

What a creepy place.... The cave leads deep underground to an area littered with still-glowing corals. The place is infested with bats, crabs, and slugs. We found it to be a great spot to get in a bit of combat training, as the monsters in the cave seem to be endless.

I can't explain the elation that we all felt when we finally came across an old bronze chest! We continued to exterminate the hostile crabs in the vicinity until we finally found one with a key in it's gut! The chest contained a bit of gil and some clothing, nothing too exciting. However, we know there's more down there. At one point we turned a corner and found a chamber FILLED with odd looking creatures. We were not about to run in blind and risk getting eaten, so we headed back for the surface.

Something tells me, we will return to this spot to hunt for treasure many times in the future.

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment