Saturday, October 29, 2011

Materia!



Dear Friends,

I have something really neat to tell you. Today, I undertook a job from a local merchant. He asked that I deliver some crafting material to a Goblin camped out in Northern Thanalan. There was a nice sum of gil in it for me, so I happily took the job.

When I arrived, the Goblin explained (in the typically odd way that goblins speak) that he specialized in the crafting of materia. In case you're not aware, materia is a mysterious crystal substance that can be formed using the spirit energy of physical objects. He explained that the longer a living creature uses a particular object, such as a weapon or a tool, the user and the object form a spiritual bond. Once that bond is strong enough, it is possible (through the use of cutting edge science) to harness that energy and change it into materia. Once created, materia can then be joined with other physical objects to enhance their power or effectiveness.

I had heard of such a science, but never thought I'd find myself in a position to actually use it. Haha! Well, what do you know? It was there at the goblins camp that I was able to extract some materia from a pair of old beat up wristguards I had been toting around.

The next step for me will be learning to bond materia to a new item. However, I'm afraid my skills as a craftsman are still a bit lacking. Seems I have something to look forward to!

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment