Sunday, November 20, 2011

Soldier of Fortune


Dear Friends,

It seems like so long ago that I came to Eorzea with the mindset to study the art of alchemy. Fate has a funny way of changing your life in the blink of an eye. I have spent the last several weeks working almost exclusively for the three Grand Companies of Eorzea. I wish I could go into detail over everything I've experienced in just the last few days, but it would simply be too much to write.

In a nutshell, I have learned some pretty astounding truths. There is something big coming. We've all known that, but only now is it starting to make itself clear. I believe the archon, Urianger. It has been revealed to me that he, as well as Papalymo, and several others are members of a secret group, not unlike the Path of the Twelve. They were sent to Eorzea from a far away land, to warn us all of the future ahead. Urianger was tasked with inspiring the recreation of the Grand Companies. I have even been privy to a meeting between him and the leader of the Maelstrom (what an oddly exciting young lady she is!).

It's not too late to change the fate of the world. Details are sketchy, but somehow it's all tied into moon of Dalamud, and the strange red color it has recently taken on. It has something to do with the sudden increase in monsters, and the recent actions of the Empire.

I've learned that Cid Garlond was once in the employ of Garlemald. He was the creator of many of the terrible Magitek machines that invaded Ala Mihgo. Filled with guilt and outrage at what the Empire had done, he defected to Eorzea to lend his services in any way he could. I can see his heart, and I trust him.

Nowhere is safe. Imperial spies are everywhere, we've found them within the ranks of the city-states, employees of the Ironworks, and even within the Grand Companies. Luckily, we were able to catch several after learning their identities. One of them, however, did escape us.

Over the last few days, I have attended grand recruitment ceremonies for all three companies. I have listened to speeches of each leader. I have had the pleasure of meeting them, and being personally invited into their ranks as contracted member.

It is after much reflection, I have made my choice. Today, I was recognised as a Serpent Private Third Class in the Order of the Twin Adders. I have decided to make Gridania my new home, both physically and by pledge.

I'm a bit overwhelmed after thinking back on everything the last few days have brought. I think I will retire for the night. If I'm going to offer the best I have to both the company and all of Eorzea, I will need to begin rigorous training. I have no doubt that war is coming, and I am no longer primarily Kijimuna the Alchemist. I am Kijimuna the soldier.

~Kiji


No comments:

Post a Comment