Saturday, March 10, 2012

Eye of the Dragon


Dear Friends,

I know that in a recent letter I wrote of an impending sense of doom. I said that I felt something miraculous would need to occur to save our people from the seemingly invincible army of the Empire. Today, I was witness to the light of hope.

Today, I was called by the wood wailers for an important mission. It seems the Knights of Ishgard had need for a trusted adventurer. One who could be trusted to carry out a mission with utmost secrecy.  I was asked to meet with Sir Alberic, a high ranking knight, just outside the gate of Ishgard.

As many of you know, the Kingdom of  Ishgard sealed their gates from the outside world many years ago. The knights of this kingdom are renown for doing battle with fearsome dragons. Many consider this tale to be nothing more than nonsense. But I now know better.

These lanced knights are known as Dragoons. They are said to have the bodies of men, but the power of dragons.It seems that one of them, in fact, the most powerful of them Estinein, has been accused of stealing a ancient relic. This relic is said to be the eye of the infamous dragon Nidhogg! A beast chased off by none other than Sir Alberic himself.

Reports placed Estinein somewhere in the Black Shroud. I was asked to seek him out and demand he return the relic to Ishgard.

Finding him was not difficult. It doesn't take a ranger to tell when local fauna is is disturbed by an unknown presence. After fending off some rather agitated giant crabs, I encountered this rogue knight face to face. He seemed intent on destroying me at first. But then a strange glow emanated from the relic he carried on his person and he declared that it was reacting to my presence... In shock, he leaped into the sky and vanished.

Not knowing what to do, I returned to Sir Alberic with a report. He was astounded with what I had to say. Alberic explained that Estinein was known as the Azure Dragoon, a dragoon chosen by the spirit of the dragon to be the strongest of their kind.  The reaction of Nidhogg's eye to my presence indicated that I too was chosen to wield this power. Something that is unheard of for an outsider. Alberic confided that he lost the honor of calling himself a Dragoon many years ago during his battle with Nidhogg, and if I was being called, so be it. He entrusted me with his personal soul stone. The stone grants it's bearer the powers of the Dragoon Knights. From this day forward, I am not merely Kijimuna the Wood Wailer and Lancer, I am Sir Kijimuna, the Dragoon!

I was immediately tasked with training to develop my skills, so I must be off. There are monsters to hunt, and tactics to perfect. I will write again soon.

~Kiji


No comments:

Post a Comment