Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Meteor Revealed.



Dear Friends,

A terrible truth has come to light. It is with much fear and sadness that I write this letter. The mystery of "Meteor" has been uncovered.

Today, I was assigned a task by the Twin Adders to locate and assist a team of Grand Company brothers. The team was sent into the shroud to meet with an Ala Mhigan spy. However, reports have reached HQ that they were ambushed by Imperial forces and have suffered a terrible defeat. I was ordered to make haste to their location to lend any assistance possible.

Upon my arrival I found the entire party holed up in a cave, defeated, but still clinging to life. It seems the Imperials attacked them with some type of poison gas. The attack left them nearly defenseless. The Ala Mhigan spy was in the worse shape of them all. Barely clinging to life and fading in and out of consciousness.

One of the Adder officiers, also a protege' of Cid Garlond, offered me a device of his design that he believed will ward off the gas attack. Without the benefits of poison gas, I should be able to overtake the Imperial team stationed nearby.

Indeed, his device worked. No sooner had I too been ambushed by the lethal attack, the mist emitted from the device cleared the air around me allowing me to make quick work of the Imperial team.

Upon returning, the informant was near death. He was rambling incoherently about curses, the ancients, and Meteor. Figuring there was never a better time, I used the power of the echo to achieve some insight into what he was trying to explain.

What I saw, chilled me to the bone.

Hidden behind a large boulder, our informant spied upon a meeting between two Imperial Legati. One of them Van Darnus, who I had the "pleasure" of meeting previously, and another equally imposing character, Gaius van Baelsar.

The two were arguing. Baelsar agreed that the nations of Erozea needed to be brought to their knees. However, he disagreed with Darnus's plan of attack. Rather than fight an extended ground war against the three nations, Nael van Darnus intends to use a long forgotten magic to pull the lesser moon from the sky and crash it into the planet. Thus destroying nearly everything in Eorzea! This is the terror known as Meteor. The recent change of color and size of the moon implies he has already put his plan into motion.
Baelsar expressed  concern over the ability of controlling such magic. It seems that thousands of years ago, the ancient civilization that created such magic was also destroyed by their own inability to effectively wield it.

Darnus explains that the recent discovery of ancient tablets has provided him with the knowledge needed to not only bring about the attack known as Meteor, but also to control with 100% efficiency. More than once he mentioned the "Allag".

The Allag are rumored to be an ancient race of people that once lived in Erozea long before the current age. All that is known about them was gleaned from the scant ruins they left behind. It must be that the Empire has uncovered some ancient Allag magic... This is terrible news.

I continued to listen, and learned that while the plan has already been put into motion, more research still needs to be done, more of these "tomestones" need to be found before the moon of Dalamud can fully be controlled. On top of that, the Legatus expressed his desire to pummel the nations of Erozea with crippling attacks before simply crushing them out of existence. Perhaps this will buy us the time we need to come up with a defense or even a counter attack... Oh, I hope so! Twelve be good!

I returned to Gridania with a full report of all I have learned. As one might expect, Cid Garlond was disturbed by the news. He explained the the Empire has been experimenting with "meteor" magic for many years. In fact, a botched experiment ten years ago destroyed an entire Imperial citadel. Never did he imagine they would attempt to use the magic to do something as heinous as crashing the moon into the planet itself.

Cid thanked me for my report and stated that both the Grand Companies and the Garlond Ironworks would act quickly on the information.
I was rewarded for my efforts. In this mission, in fact, I was promoted to First Class! Sad to say, I did not find much celebration in this promotion. I can only hope a plan is devised to prevent this terrible plan of the Empire's from coming to light.

~Kiji

Gauis van Baelsar



No comments:

Post a Comment