Friday, October 8, 2010

Wet Feet

Dear Friends,

I wanted to write to let everyone know I'm doing well. I've been spending the last couple days getting to know the layout of the area. During my explorations, one thing I have noticed is the large number of refugees from Ala Mhigo. Despite being destroyed by the mysterious Garlean Empire nearly 15 years ago, the people from that fallen nation still keep a steel resolve.

The nation of Gridania was kind to take them in, and many of the refugees have lent their support to the defense of this great citystate. Ala Mhigo was famous for their "Lancer" warriors, so their skills make a fine addition to the Wood Wailers that defend Gridania from outside threats.

To hear the refugees talk, you'd think that the Empire was planning to invade Eorzea. I suppose such a thing is possible, and there have been rumors and fear of that very thing happening. But so far, there have no reports of Imperial activity in the immediate area.

The Empire is very mysterious. When their terrible Magitek Airships descended on Ala Mhigo it was a slaughter. I wonder if defense against such a powerful force would even be possible? I suppose with the help of the other nations, including the powerful city-state of Ishgard, Erozea would stand a fighting chance. However, Ishgard has been rather reclusive since the fall of Ala Mhigo. Rumors are that they are engaged in some conflict of their own these days. They have denied access to their lands from all outsiders, and even trade with them has slowed to a snails pace. It is for this reason that the other nations have such a shortage of goods and animals. Oh how I'd love to be able to rent a chocobo! Haha!

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment