Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fire in the sky

Dear Friends,

The time for the grand rite has come, and so have the moogles! Who would have imagined, but the moogles did accept the children's invitation after all and showed up for the ceremony.

As we were all standing on stage with our masks on, I caught the outsiders mumbling to themselves about spilling the beans on some "great secret" that the elders of Gridania were keeping from everyone. Before I could hear more, the rite had started - then all manners of hell broke loose. Dunstan collapsed to the stage.

 I remember rushing to help him when suddenly there was a brilliant flash of light, then as if in a dream, I found myself and the outsiders somewhere deep in the Black Shroud of the Twelveswood. Confused, we noticed just a few feet away there was a conversation between Khrimm and a group of adults, Dunstan included. It appears that somehow we were seeing the moment right before Khrimm set that tree on fire! He was arguing with them, about keeping secrets and lying about the wildlings. I got the impression that this band of people he was talking to are some of those  that have gone "missing" from Gridania.

As soon as the mysterious vision began, it was over, and I found myself back on the stage surrounded by everyone. I looked to my right and I saw Fye kneeling next to Dunstan. He sat up and smiled at her. Also, Khrimm seemed to be awake and lucid! E-Sumi declared that  Khrimm and Dunstan had been saved!

The celebration was short. For at that very moment the sky darkened suddenly, in a way I've never seen before. It sent chills up my spine... Lightening began to flash through the clouds, and then out of nowhere, the clouds swirled into what appeared to be a fiery vortex! A blazing projectile spewed forth from the vortex and streaked fiercely across the sky. I could tell by the look on brother E-Sumi's face that this was NOT something he was expecting to see.

I caught Dunstan whispering to himself: "So it has begun." Oh, what I wouldn't give to know what secrets these people are keeping. I fear that something VERY perilous is on the horizon. The outsiders seemed to know more then meets the eye as well. I heard the Lalafell, Papalymo, mention something about "The Echo". I tried to hear more, but I suddenly found myself overcome with vertigo and, well... this is a bit embarrassing, but I blacked out!

When I awoke, I found myself in a room at the adventurer's guild. Miounne, the owner, advised me that my expenses were seen to by my friend, and that he also suggested that when I was ready, not matter when that might be, I should stop by the "Waking Sands" in Ul'dah.With that, she left me.

One of the first things I did, after getting back on my feet was to seek out Spark. He mentioned that he had seen the fire too. However, he claims that he did not have anything to do with getting me to the Canopy after I passed out. What "friend" was Miounne referring to? Oh, I hate all this mystery!

~Kiji

No comments:

Post a Comment