Friday, October 1, 2010

Expanding Horizons


Dear Friends,

I am happy to announce the arrival of my good friend Sparkajen! He has finally arrived in Gridania and we have been making up for lost time. I mentioned the unfortunate demise of my Pinot in my last letter, well those of us in the linkshell have moved on. I have started a new linkshell for us and I'm happy have Spark along as it's official co-founder.

There's not much new to relate in this letter. Spark and I have been training together and undertaking various guildleves issued to us by the adventurer's guild. I've acquired several new pieces of equipment recently and I've began training in the use of different types of weapons. Can you believe it?!

I decided that the time to focus on alchemy had come, so I've spent several days conducting experiments and perfecting my craft. I'm getting much better. In fact, I began to consider joining the Alchemist's guild. The only thing is, the guild is located in the nation of Ul'dah far to the south. To get there, I must venture all the way thru the Twelvewood and then all the way thru the dry desert region that surrounds it. The thought of such a journey seemed very daunting to me. Sparkajen on the other hand, was excited about it. He proposed we stock up on supplies and give the trek our best shot. Guess what? We did!

Sparkajen and I made the perilous journey! We arrived in Ul'dah safe and sound. And what a place! Ul'dah is fascinating. There is so much to see and so much to do. I was a bit saddened to see that the Alchemist's guild would not recognise me as a member, it seems I have some more practicing to do before they will consider my application. But the good news is, now that I've attuned myself to the aetheryte crystal in Ul'dah, it's only a warp away!

No comments:

Post a Comment